SURGICAL PATIENT NAVIGATOR
CarePoint Neurosurgery is a growing neurosurgical practice with primary locations at Swedish, Rose, and Sky Ridge. The practice currently consists of three surgeons and a team of physician assistants. As this practice is going through exciting growth, we are looking for team members to join us that are going to flexible in their duties to help ensure needs of practice are always met. We are looking for people who are comfortable with and excited by change, process improvements, and growth. Our team of staff is cross-trained on duties throughout the practice to ensure patient continuity and flexibility for the practice to add on clinic days as needed.
The Surgical Patient Navigator is an essential part of a multidisciplinary team that provides patients high quality patient care. The Surgical Patient Navigator will help patients through the journey from them being identified as a surgical candidate through their post-operative care. This position will build a relationship with patients and physicians, to coordinate a plan of care including appointments and make sure the patient has everything they need before and after surgery. This position will provide a concierge-level customer service to patients to ensure they have received all needed information from the practice and that they understand the surgical process. Willingness to cross-train to help medical assistants and front desk staff required.
QUALIFICATIONS:The ideal candidate must possess excellent communication skills, computer skills, experience with EHR/EMR (Experience in ECW a plus), knowledge of health insurances. Must be able to perform all tasks with accuracy, is a team player, and has a positive attitude. The candidate should be passionate about helping patients and ensuring the highest level of customer service at all times.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent
EXPERIENCE: Experience working in a surgical practice preferred. Work with patients in a clinic or hospital setting, 1-2 years. Understanding of patient’s surgical journey.
- Top tier customer service
- Ability to build strong rapport with patients
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with patients, providers and payers
- The ability to multitask
- Strong commitment to actively supporting an ethical open working environment
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Ability to excel in a team-based environment
- Critical thinking skills
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pre-operative testing coordination
- Act as a concierge for the patient to our practice, providing them a point of contact for their surgical journey
- Touch points with patients before surgery to review pre-op instructions and review everything from hotels to stay in, where to park, etc
- Call patients after surgery to check in on them
- Follow up on all orders for patients to make sure all appointments are scheduled in a timely manner and that all appropriate documentation is in the chart
- Maintain lock-step relationship with surgery coordinator to help ensure everything is addressed prior to patient’s surgery
- Ability to do medical assistant and front desk responsibilities when needed (training would be provided)
- Other duties may be assigned if determined in the best interest of the Practice
Compliance, HIPAA and Security: Employees acknowledge that compliance with CarePoint’s HIPAA, Security and Compliance Plan policies and procedures as well as all other CarePoint policies and procedures is a condition of employment and that any violation will result in sanctions up to and including termination based on the type and severity of the violation. Access to and use of Protected Health Information – security clearance which allows employees to review, investigate, and respond to questions from payors.
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: Healthcare: 2 years (Preferred)
Upload Resume Here