In light of the changes brought on by COVID-19, CarePoint is closing the outpatient infectious disease clinic.
In order to provide excellent care to patients in the hospital, we will be partnering with the following infectious disease practices to provide timely outpatient follow-up appointments:
• Rocky Mountain Infectious Disease Specialists – Visit rmids.com or call 303.750.1800
• Infectious Disease Consultants – Visit idcdenver.com or call 303.831.4774.
• Colorado Infectious Disease – Visit coloradoid.com or call 303.777.0781.
If you are a patient with HIV, please consider one of the following clinics:
• Vivent Health – Visit viventhealth.org/locations/Denver or call 303.321.0436.
• Denver Health – Visit denverhealth.org/services/primary-care/hiv-primary-care or call 303.602.3652.
• University of Colorado Health – Visit uchealth.org/locations/uchealth-infectious-disease-travel-team-clinic-anschutz or call 720.848.0191.
Moving forward, you can reach out to any of the above groups or another group of your choice to schedule an appointment to establish care. In addition, feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns in the interim.
CarePoint Infectious Disease would be happy to send the medical records authored by CarePoint Infectious Disease providers regarding the medical care provided to you by CarePoint Infectious Disease to a new medical provider upon receipt of an appropriate written authorization to disclose protected health information from you. CarePoint Infectious Disease's Authorization for Use/Disclosure of Protected Health Information can be found here:
Authorization for Use/Disclosure of Protected Health Information
John Hammer, MD
Medical School: University of Texas Health Sciences Center at San Antonio
Residency: University of Colorado, Internal Medicine
Fellowship: University of Colorado, Infectious Disease
Board Certification: Infectious Disease
Areas of Focus: Infectious disease, HIV, antimicrobial stewardship, travel medicine
Dana Lerman, MD
Medical School: Mount Sinai School of Medicine
Residency: The Mount Sinai Hospital, Internal Medicine
Fellowship: Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University and Montefiore Medical Center,, Infectious Disease
Board Certification: Internal Medicine, Infectious Disease
Areas of Focus: Infectious disease, antimicrobial stewardship, travel medicine, post-operative infections, prosthetic joint infections
Transparency in Healthcare Prices Act