We want at least 1 year of experience in a busy office setting and a candidate who has been at their current position for at least a year or more.
QUALIFICATIONS:In order to perform this job successfully, individuals must be able to meet and perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
EDUCATION:MA Degree/Certification preferred; High school diploma or GED required.
EXPERIENCE:Minimum of 1 year MA experience in a busy physician office.
· Strong attention to detail
· Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with patients, providers and payors
· The ability to multitask
· Strong commitment to actively supporting an ethical open working environment
· Working knowledge of Word and Excel
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
· Taking medical histories and recording vital signs, preparing patients for examination.
· Arrange examining-room instruments and equipment
· Keep waiting and examine rooms neat and clean.
· Follow up with patients before and after surgery.
· Coordinates patient appointment/orders and records.
· Assist surgery scheduler with duties as needed.
· Scans patient information, puts patients data into computer.
· Sends letters to PCP, as needed i.e.: no-shows, record requests etc.
· Triage calls regarding medications, lab and rad results.
· Answers front desk incoming calls when needed.
· Pages physicians concerning hospital consults and files that information in database as needed.
· Attach relevant lab/rad results in ECW to specific doctors through fax inbox as needed.
· Obtains PreOp clearance and fax to facilities prior to surgery.
· Makes photocopies as needed.
· Sends faxes as needed.
· Assists physicians as needed.
· Assist with Front Desk Duties as needed.
· Maintain accurate medical supply inventory
· Submit medical supply and office supply orders
· Other duties as assigned.
All employees must adhere to Adherence to CarePoint’s Compliance Program, all Compliance, billing, coding, HIPAA/Security policies and procedures, and all other CarePoint policies
Compliance, HIPAA and Security:Employees acknowledge that compliance with CarePoint’s HIPAA, Security and Compliance Plan policies and procedures as well as all other CarePoint policies and procedures is a condition of employment and that any violation will result in sanctions up to and including termination based on the type and severity of the violation. Access to and use of Protected Health Information — security clearance which allows employees to review, investigate, and respond to questions from payors. Security access permitted using the Practice’s entrances for this job category is during core hours of building management, 5 days a week. Shift times will vary according to location and need.
Job Type: Full-time
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
· How many years of Healthcare experience do you have?
· What is the highest level of education you have completed?