CarePoint Neurosurgery – Lone Tree, CO
CarePoint Neurosurgery is a growing neurosurgical practice with primary locations at Swedish, Rose, and Sky Ridge. The practice currently consists of three surgeons and a team of physician assistants. As this practice is going through exciting growth, we are looking for team members to join us that are going to be flexible in their duties to help ensure the needs of the practice are always met. We are looking for people who are comfortable with and excited by change, process improvements, and growth. Our team of staff is cross-trained on duties throughout the practice to ensure patient continuity and flexibility for the practice to add on clinic days as needed.
The Surgery Scheduler / Navigator is an exciting hybrid role that combines detail oriented surgery scheduling with exceptional customer service for our patients. This role will support our patients through the entire surgical process from beginning to end. This will include surgery scheduling, communicating and obtaining authorization from the insurance company, educating the patient on the pre op process, outreaching patients at designated intervals prior to surgery to answer questions and ensure preparedness for upcoming surgery, be a point of contact for patients and assist them with any questions or concerns, help alleviate any concerns from patients, and follow up at discharge with the goal of ensuring a seamless and comforting experience for the patient.
The ideal candidate must possess excellent communication skills, computer skills, experience with EHR/EMR (Experience in ECW a plus), knowledge of health insurance carriers. Must be able to perform all tasks with accuracy, is a team player, and has a positive attitude. The candidate should be passionate about helping patients and ensuring the highest level of customer service at all times. The candidate will be empathetic to the surgical experience for the patient and have a willingness to support them.
Primary: Skyridge Medical Office
Secondary - potential travel to other Carepoint Neurosurgery clinics as needed in
High School Diploma or equivalent
Minimum 1-2 years of surgery scheduling experience. Minimum 1-2 years of Medical Office experience. Direct customer service experience is a plus.
• Top tier customer service
• Ability to build strong rapport with patients
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with patients, providers, and payers
• The ability to multitask
• Strong commitment to actively supporting an ethical open working environment
• Working knowledge of Word and Excel
• Ability to excel in a team-based environment
• Creative, process oriented mindset
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work with Surgeon to identify surgery needed
• Facilitate scheduling between patient and hospital / surgical centers
• Contact insurance carriers to verify benefits, request and secure authorizations needed
• Determine need to preop testing and facilitate as needed
• Provide frequent, clear, concise, and relevant information to the patient throughout the process
• Be available to assist with any patient need relating to upcoming surgery
• Schedule patients for follow up appointments
• Demonstrate knowledge of medical terminology, high proficiency of general medical office procedures including HIPAA regulations
• Maintain a high level of productivity
• Clearly document all communication and contacts with providers and patients
• Other duties as assigned
Compliance, HIPAA and Security: Employees acknowledge that compliance with CarePoint’s HIPAA, Security and Compliance Plan policies and procedures as well as all other CarePoint policies and procedures is a condition of employment and that any violation will result in sanctions up to and including termination based on the type and severity of the violation. Access to and use of Protected Health Information – security clearance which allows employees to review, investigate, and respond to questions from payors.
Job Type: Full-time