The Payroll Specialist will have primary responsibility for supporting CarePoint Health's payroll operations. The Payroll Specialist must be able to use cloud-based payroll software with accuracy and efficiency, is good with numbers, and can be trusted with sensitive information.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required.
Experience: At least two years of payroll experience required, healthcare experience preferred. Automated payroll system experience preferred.
- Solid understanding of payroll fundamentals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding organizational ability with great attention to detail.
- Proficient in MS Office and good knowledge of relevant software and databases.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to accurately process payroll with minimal supervision.
- Trustworthy with attention to confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate with various levels of management.
- Decision-making, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Process payroll for CarePoint Health, CarePoint P.C. and Epic, LLC.
- Process any off-cycle payrolls as needed.
- Research and correct any payroll issues.
- Respond to inquiries to the payroll email box.
- Responsible for assisting with resolving tax issues in the HR/Payroll system.
- Responsible for contacting support for the HR/Payroll system to resolve payroll issues.
- Process W2’s out of the HR/Payroll system.
- Process 1095 C documents out of the HR/Payroll system.
- Process retirement changes in the HR/Payroll system.
- Assist with build of new divisions, etc. in HR/Payroll system.
- Assist with onboarding of new divisions.
- Process and enter directory of new hires for the State of Colorado.
- Complete all verifications of employment received requiring salary information.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time