- Fulltime SUMMARY:
This position is responsible for greeting patients and collecting demographic information, co-payments and coinsurance and insurance information; responding to patient inquiries, medical record requests and other healthcare activities. This is for a VERY BUSY neurology clinic.
We are hiring for the following location: 499 E Hampden Ave #360, Englewood, CO 80113
In order to perform this job successfully, individuals must be able to meet and perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Minimum of 1 year of experience in medical office; PREFER EXPERIENCE AS FRONT DESK IN PHYSICIAN PRACTICE
Degree/Certification required:High school diploma or GED required; undergraduate degree in related field is preferred
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with patients.
- The ability to multitask.
- Strong commitment to actively supporting an ethical open working environment.
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Answer the practice phones, check voice mail and respond to patients
- Schedule patient appointments and appointment reminder calls
- Verifying paper and e-chart docs are available for upcoming appointment
- Check patients in/out, collect co-payments, coinsurance and past due amounts
- Coordinate records/ referral with PCP/Referring MD office for new patients
- Respond to patient inquiries, as appropriate
- Track referrals
- Respond – medical record and attorney requests
- Coordinate marketing activities at the direction of the Office Manager
- Scan patient documents into eClinical works
- Assist in picking up and sending mail
- Assist in training of front desk staff, as needed
- Clerical – photocopies, assists in tracking of supply needs, scan patient documents into eClinical Works
- Keep waiting and patient areas clean and tidy
- Other duties as assigned
All employees must adhere to Adherence to CarePoint’s Compliance Program, all Compliance, billing, coding, HIPAA/Security policies and procedures, and all other policies.Other- Compliance, HIPAA and Security• Employees acknowledge that compliance with CarePoint’s and Practice’s HIPAA, Security and Compliance Plan policies and procedures as well as all other policies and procedures is a condition of employment and that any violation will result in sanctions up to and including termination based on the type and severity of the violation. Access to and use of Protected Health Information – security clearance which allows employees to review, investigate, and respond to questions from payors. Security access permitted using the practices entrances for this job category is during core hours of building management, 5 days a week.
Job Type: Full-time
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
• How many years of physician front desk experience do you have?