- Fulltime Position Summary:
The clinical patient navigator facilitates excellent patient care by managing incoming referrals and patient scheduling. The position provides support for providers, clinical staff, and patients. The position requires an understanding of the referral/precertification process and provider scheduling requirements to ensure patients are scheduled with the most appropriate provider. Under the supervision of the Patient Navigation Supervisor, the clinical patient navigator helps to ensure a positive experience for Blue Sky Neurology patients, overcome barriers to establishing neurologic care, and actively works to promote access to quality neurologic care. Knowledge of HIPAA and pre-certification requirements from managed care and insurance companies are required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least three years of experience, in a clinic setting preferred.
- MA experience preferred.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Requires effective customer relation skills.
- Ability to organize and interpret data.
- Requires good judgment, tact, diplomacy and ability to problem solve.
- Able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must be proficient with computer and related software programs.
- Job Responsibilities:
- Process incoming referrals.
- Verify appropriate referral for clinic.
- Verify appropriate paperwork included.
- Assign appropriate subspecialty.
Responsible for tracking, monitoring and reporting of all incoming referrals.
- Ensure proper authorizations are in place for outpatient specialty referral.
- Complete necessary paperwork, documentation, and data entry in a timely fashion.
- Assist patients as they move through the service delivery system.
Assist with the elimination of barriers including, but not limited to, insurance, medical records, proper paperwork, and scheduling.
- Act as a liaison between the patient and all relevant professionals, programs, and resources.
- Participate and attend staff, department, and team meetings upon request.
- Collaborate effectively within the organization and interpersonally with co-workers.
- Develop positive working relationships with medical providers.
- Assist supervisor with maintenance of provider specifications spreadsheet.
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge of medical terminology, high proficiency of general medical office procedures including HIPAA regulations.
- Communicate any insurance changes or trends with supervisor.
- Maintains a level of productivity that meets expectations of the position.
- Clearly documents all communications and contact with providers and personnel in standardized documentation requirements, including proper format.
- Other duties as assigned.