CarePoint Neurosurgery is a growing neurosurgical practice with 3 primary locations in the Denver Metro area. We are seeking an Advanced Practice Provider (PA or NP) to join our experienced team of 6 Neurosurgeons and 5 PAs.
The role of the Neurosurgery Advanced Practice Provider is to provide exceptional care in a variety of settings to our Neurosurgical patients and to partner closely with our CarePoint Neurologists and the rest of the clinical care team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide Neurosurgical care to adult patients
- Provide care for patients in a variety of settings including: ED, ICU, trauma and medical floors, pre- and post- operative management, and clinic
- In clinic, must be comfortable seeing new patients, follow ups, post ops, and patients with/without images.
- Must be able to work up patients for surgical plan independently to review with the surgeon.
- Responsible for assisting in urgent bedside procedures
- First Assist in OR
- Collaborate and support entire clinical team in supporting our patients
- Provide on call support in rotation with other PAs
The ideal candidate must possess excellent communication skills and computer skills as well as be able to perform all tasks with accuracy, is a team player, and has a positive attitude. In addition, we are looking for the following:
- Graduation from an accredited Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner program
- Must have Surgical Assist Certification if NP
- Two (2) + year(s) of surgical experience
- Prior surgical experience
- Current and unrestricted Colorado license
- Current and unrestricted DEA license
- Current BLS
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- 2+ years surgical experience
- Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, or spine experience
- Colorado Springs, Sky Ridge, and Swedish
- Primarily Sky Ridge, float as needed to Swedish and Castle Rock
- M-F, one weekend / month rounding and first assist call, one weeknight per week first assist call