MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST/FRONT DESK
CarePoint Neurosurgery is a growing neurosurgical practice with primary locations at Swedish, Rose, and Sky Ridge. The practice currently consists of three surgeons and a team of physician assistants. As this practice is going through exciting growth, we are looking for team members to join us that are going to flexible in their duties to help ensure needs of practice are always met. We are looking for people who are comfortable with and excited by change, process improvements, and growth. Our team of staff is cross-trained on duties throughout the practice to ensure patient continuity and flexibility for the practice to add on clinic days as needed.
The Medical Receptionist/Front Desk is an essential part of a multidisciplinary team that provides patients high quality patient care. Specific duties include checking patients in and out, answering patient and referring physician calls, scheduling patients, processing referrals when needed, and routing callers to the appropriate team member. The Medical Receptionist/Front Desk actively manages patient needs and ensures a seamless end to end scheduling experience.
The ideal candidate must possess excellent communication skills, computer skills, experience with EHR/EMR (Experience in ECW a plus), knowledge of health insurances. Must be able to perform all tasks with accuracy, is a team player, and has a positive attitude. The candidate should be passionate about helping patients and ensuring the highest level of customer service at all times.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Front desk experience. Phone, scheduling or call center experience, 1 to 2 years. Healthcare experience preferred.
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with patients, providers and payers
- The ability to multitask
- Strong commitment to actively supporting an ethical open working environment
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Ability to excel in a team-based environment
- Critical thinking skills
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Check patients in and out of clinic
- Take co-pays
- Answers incoming calls
- Checking voice mails and making return calls
- Processing referrals, when needed
- Prescription refills
- Lab results
- Scheduling appointments
- Sending out patient paperwork
- Obtaining medical records
- Other duties may be assigned if determined in the best interest of the Practice
Compliance, HIPAA and Security: Employees acknowledge that compliance with CarePoint’s HIPAA, Security and Compliance Plan policies and procedures as well as all other CarePoint policies and procedures is a condition of employment and that any violation will result in sanctions up to and including termination based on the type and severity of the violation. Access to and use of Protected Health Information – security clearance which allows employees to review, investigate, and respond to questions from payors.
Job Type: Full-time
- Healthcare: 1 year (Preferred)
Upload Resume Here