CarePoint Neurosurgery – Lone Tree, CO
This position will be responsible for coverage of the front desk in the neurosurgery clinics, answering calls for neurosurgery, and assisting with other tasks as needed.
We are looking for outgoing, happy people who want to help us take great care of patients.
**MUST HAVE BEEN AT CURRENT POSITION FOR AT LEAST 1 YEAR TO BE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY**
ABOUT CAREPOINT NEUROSURGERY:
CarePoint Neurosurgery (CPNS) is an innovative neurosurgical practice that provides the full spectrum of neurosurgical services for patients and those involved in their care. CPNS has physicians involved in all phases of neurosurgical conditions: acute neurosurgical emergencies; neurosurgical support for hospitalized patients; and outpatient care for those with new or ongoing neurosurgical conditions. CPNS was founded in 2016 by established clinicians known throughout Denver and the Colorado region. Since then, the practice has thrived and expanded. CPNS currently has 4 outpatient practice locations and is continuing to grow in 2018! CPNS provides chronic and acute spine care; chronic and acute neurosurgical diagnoses, neuro-critical care; neurosurgical support and outreach throughout Colorado and the surrounding states. In order to bridge hospital care to outpatient care, CPNS has dedicated neurosurgeons who all have advanced fellowship training and expertise working in both the inpatient and outpatient settings. CPNS has office staff, administration, and management to encompass the full spectrum of patient needs and customer service. We are dedicated to providing excellent and compassionate patient care. The philosophy by which we practice blends a caring approach with forward thinking, up-to-date knowledge of neurosurgical disorders and treatments. This position is responsible for all aspects of patient care including but not limited to registering new patients, scheduling appointments, taking messages and recording them in the correct patient chart, relaying urgent calls from other providers or hospitals, paging physicians for consults, and other duties as assigned.
Front desk experience preferred but not required
Perform front desk check-in and check-out duties as assigned, including but not limited to:
- Obtain updated intake forms.
- Make copies of or scan insurance cards.
- Make copy of or scan driver"s license.
- Obtain demographic information.
- Obtain CPN disclosure form on all patients.
- Other paperwork as needed.
- Collect copay from patient * Ensure there is a referral on file if required by the patient"s insurance company prior to the patient"s appointment, if required.
- Ensure we have a CD from the patient"s imaging facility prior to patient"s appointment and upload imaging to iCloud.
- Update patient demographic info in the patient chart in eCW, including address, phone number, PCP, referring doctor, insurance, etc.
- Scan intake forms, disclosure forms and other paperwork into eCW and assign to patient chart.
- Answer phone calls, register new patients, and schedule patients, take messages for providers and other staff as appropriate.
- Remove voicemail from the front desk phone and return calls as necessary or create messages in EMR.
- Schedule new patient, follow-up and post-op appointments.
- Schedule appointments from incoming email requests off of the website.
- Schedule referrals ASAP from referring providers.
- Manage medical record requests
- Manage fax inbox and assign documents to patient charts.
- Assist with MA/Authorization workflow as needed.
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge of medical terminology, high proficiency of general medical office procedures including HIPAA regulations.
- Communicate any insurance changes or trends among the team.
- Maintains a level of productivity suitable for the department.
- Clearly documents all communications and contacts with providers and personnel in standardized documentation requirements, including proper format.
- Answers incoming outbound clinical calls from patients.
- Obtaining medical records.
- Faxing Medical Records Requests
- Assisting with assigning incoming faxes to the appropriate patient chart
- Other duties as assigned
The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or experience required.
- Positive attitude, team-player, and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Effective customer relation skills
- Able to organize and interpret data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be proficient with computer and related software programs
Job Type: Full-time
Upload Resume Here