The CarePoint Emergency Department scribe is an exciting opportunity for those interested in furthering their career in medicine. This is an ideal position for an individual who desires to work in a fast-paced, team-based environment. The CarePoint scribe is an integral part of the patient care team who works side by side with our expert physicians to provide first class care to our patients. Working on the front-line of healthcare, the scribe works to ensure accurate documentation and timely care. This opportunity immerses the scribe in real time decision making and a one-on-one collaboration with a healthcare provider. In addition, our physicians are dedicated to the professional growth of our scribes and provide mentorship and guidance to help the individual achieve their career goals. The majority of CarePoint scribes are accepted into Medical, Physician Assistant, and Nursing schools and will work around school and interview schedules. It is our goal to provide you the experience and relationships to take you to the next level in your career.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Enrollment or completion of a college degree is preferred.
- Medical terminology and/or anatomy and physiology course completion or equivalent experience.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- Must be able to stand on the job for long periods of time.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Availability to work a variety of shifts that can be 8-12 hours.
- Must be able to work at least 3 shifts/week or more.
- At least one-year work commitment.
- Demonstrate proficiency in typing and computer use.
- Ability to accurately type and code all information into the medical records system.
- Interest in further education in the medical field.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to comprehend multiple verbal instructions given.
- Satisfactory results of a comprehensive background/criminal check.
- Participate in patient evaluations to efficiently create and edit the patient medical record.
- Record patient subjective history and provider objective findings.
- Record patient past medical history.
- Document procedures performed by the provider(s).
- Document consults to other providers.
- Import radiology reports, lab results and EKGs.
- Prepare discharge summaries for patients.
- Facilitate communication between providers and other staff.
- Other duties as assigned.