Director of Clinical Operations
CarePoint HC - Englewood, CO 80113
Company and Position Description
CarePoint was established in 1996 as a private practice providing Emergency Care and Pediatric Emergency Care. In 2013, CarePoint added Blue Sky Neurology as a division providing acute neurology, outpatient neurology and telemedicine. In recent years, CarePoint has added Wound Care, Neurosurgery, and Infectious Disease service lines to the practice. CarePoint is the largest private practice in Colorado with approximately 450,000 annual patient encounters.
CarePoint Healthcare is seeking a Director of Clinical Operations for our neurology, neurosurgery, and infectious disease service lines to provide practice leadership and management for physician practice sites across the Denver metro area. This position will work collaboratively with the Vice President of Operations and the Medical Directors for each service line.
The Director of Clinical Operations will demonstrate thorough understanding of financial systems for budget management, work content and processes, HR policies and procedures and IT systems. The director is a role model for behavior, supports and encourages the learning of others. The director provides oversight for all clinical processes to ensure efficiency and directs staff (either directly or through other managers/supervisors). The Director will act as mentor and coach to enable problem solving and will develop smooth functioning teams. The Director of Clinical Operations will provide overall leadership and management for a defined group of specialties assuring that business operations and decisions support excellent patient care, customer service, and clinical outcomes, will work with staff to plan, develop and implement changes to existing operational and business processes to meet current and future clinic demands, and manages, coordinates, and plans revenue cycle activities. The Director will develop practice management protocols, manage daily operations and continuous quality improvement, and oversee physician production reporting. This position also ensures that the practice"s financial goals and other key performance indicators align with the practice"s initiatives and meet industry benchmarks.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment, is comfortable having difficult conversations with physicians, enjoys the challenge of learning something new, and is agile in adjusting priorities. This person will have a positive, can-do attitude and brings inspiration to their staff and the company. This will have a primary focus of ensuring quality patient care and efficient clinic operations.
- Masters' degree (MBA or MPH) in Healthcare Administration or Business
- Minimum of seven (7) years in clinical practice management of outpatient medical practices
- Minimum of five (5) years proven leadership experience managing multiple specialties concurrently
- Experience in managing 30+ FTEs
- Successful experiencing leading a multi-site operation
- Experience managing a medical revenue cycle
- Experience managing physician production reporting and compensation
- Experience with reading contracts
- Proven experience collaborating with Medical Directors and other physician leaders
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of clinical compliance, HIPAA, and patient confidentiality
- Strong leadership skills and proven success in team building
- Ability to give and receive thoughtful feedback
- Excellent problem-solving, decision-making, organization, planning and prioritization skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Skill to grow a practice to strong financial solvency
- Knowledge of third party payers
- Ability to present oneself and one"s ideas with clarity, confidence and poise
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with physicians, staff, patients, other healthcare facilities, and public
- Ability to react calmly and competently in emergent or difficult situations
leadership: 5 years clinical practice management in outpatient setting: 7 years
Upload Resume Here