In order to perform this job successfully, individuals must be able to meet and perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- MA Degree/Certification preferred; High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of 1 year MA experience in a busy physician office.
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with patients, providers and payors
- The ability to multitask
- Strong commitment to actively supporting an ethical open working environment
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Taking medical histories and recording vital signs, preparing patients for examination.
- Arrange examining-room instruments and equipment
- Keep waiting and examine rooms neat and clean.
- Follow up with patients before and after surgery.
- Coordinates patient appointment/orders and records.
- Assist surgery scheduler with duties as needed.
- Scans patient information, puts patients data into computer.
- Sends letters to PCP, as needed i.e.: no-shows, record requests etc.
- Triage calls regarding medications, lab and rad results.
- Answers front desk incoming calls when needed.
- Pages physicians concerning hospital consults and files that information in database as needed.
- Attach relevant lab/rad results in ECW to specific doctors through fax inbox as needed.
- Obtains PreOp clearance and fax to facilities prior to surgery.
- Makes photocopies as needed.
- Sends faxes as needed.
- Assists physicians as needed.
- Assist with Front Desk Duties as needed.
- Maintain accurate medical supply inventory
- Submit medical supply and office supply orders
- Other duties as assigned.