- Fulltime *Location: Salt Lake City, UT
The Vice President (VP) of Operations is part of CarePoint Health’s executive team providing management and leadership to the company. The VP of Operations assists in the growth and ongoing operational success of the company’s business initiatives, leads collaborative efforts with healthcare partners on strategic and operational issues, and provides oversight and guidance to departmental operations such as Human Resources, Credentialing, and Compliance. The VP of Operations works regularly with the CarePoint leadership team, physicians and customers to build relationships, monitor performance, improve processes, solve problems, and capitalize on opportunities to strengthen the company. This position ensures operative objectives and results are in accord with CarePoint’s overall needs.
- MBA, MHA or similar degree from an accredited university is required
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive leadership experience in healthcare
- Knowledge of fiscal planning, analysis, and management principles
- Ability to work in a fast-moving (and sometimes ambiguous) environment, while managing toward clarity and solutions
- Knowledge of health care management principles and practices, enough to direct operations within a health care organization
- Ability to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences in small and large group settings
- Ability to exercise a high degree of initiative, sound judgement, discretion, and decision-making skills
- Ability to solve management issues and direct numerous and varied operations simultaneously
- Ability to set and maintain high standards of performance, hold people accountable for achieving deliverable metrics, encourage team participation, and motivate others through a shared vision
- Knowledge of human resource management practices
- Knowledge of related regulatory and compliance requirements
- Possesses and maintains a current knowledge of healthcare industry operations and trends
- Establishes and maintains collaborative working relationships with employees, physicians, Board of Managers, customers, and multiple healthcare system executive suites.
- Participates in the budget process to ensure departments operate within approved budgets.
- Successfully integrate new growth opportunities into the company and its operations.
- Participate in developing and implementing contracts with payors, providers, healthcare systems, and vendors.
- Work with CarePoint Health physicians to build relationships, monitor performance, improve processes and solve problems.
- Work with department heads to enhance existing services, develop new services, and manage expenses.
- Ensure assigned areas of responsibility comply with the company’s Compliance Program. Collaborate with the company’s legal counsel and compliance officer as needed.
- Provides leadership and guidance for operational areas as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.