- Fulltime Position Summary:
Scribes function to create an efficient patient care environment that enhances both patient and provider satisfaction by providing clerical assistance for the Neurology division. A medical scribe assists the physician with a variety of tasks; performing documentation in the EHR, gathering information for the patient's visit, and partnering with the provider to deliver the pinnacle of efficient patient care.
- Applicant is based in Colorado.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Healthcare experience preferred, but not required
- Medical terminology and/or anatomy and physiology course completion or equivalent experience
- Experience or interest in learning ophthalmic scribing and testing
- Enrollment or completion of a college degree is preferred
- Interest in continuing into the medical field as a career preferred
- Must be able to stand on the job for extended periods of time
- Must be able to type and code all information into the medical records system
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of patients and employee information
- Ability to comprehend multiple verbal instructions given
- Demonstrate proficiency in typing and computer use
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work and participate in a team environment
- Availability for a variety of shifts that add up to 32-40 hours a week, Monday – Friday
- Ability to access and use the internet to work remotely to provide scribing assistance via telemedicine
- Be present for patient evaluations to efficiently create and edit the patient medical record based on the patient encounter.
- Record patient subjective history and provider objective findings
- Document procedures performed by the provider(s)
- Import radiology reports, lab results and EKGs
- Facilitate communication between providers and other staff
- Perform other clerical tasks that optimize efficiency
The ideal candidate would have an interest in the areas of neurology and/or ophthalmology, and be willing to learn new neuro-ophthalmic skills including skilled ophthalmic testing and ophthalmic scribing.