The HR assistant will work directly with our office staff and Human Resources to ensure all administrative/HR tasks are efficiently and effectively implemented. Must have strong interpersonal skills, the ability to manage multiple tasks at once, and a wide breadth of experience managing clerical responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Previous HR experience preferred but not required.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Suite and other administrative programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational ability with great attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter who works well independently.
- Trustworthy with attention to confidentiality.
- Ability to prioritize given tasks and work efficiently towards completing them.
- Familiar with common office equipment (printers, copier, fax, etc.).
- Professional demeanor.
- Assists with the hiring process including posting jobs, phone screening, scheduling interviews and participating as needed in the interview process.
- Manages quarterly PA evaluation process.
- Assists with password resets and address changes within the HR/payroll system.
- Creates new employee files on shared drive and move termed employees to the appropriate folder.
- Maintains employee personnel files to ensure legal compliance.
- Manages behavioral assessments – sends as requested and provides results to hiring manager/leaders.
- Completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files.
- Manages the badge/fob access system for the corporate office.
- Assists executive team with projects and requests as needed.
- Manages the student/observer process.
- Assists with obtaining temporary staffing personnel as needed.
- Conducts exit interviews for voluntary resignations of scribe and administrative staff.
- Covers reception desk during business hours – greeting customers and answering phones in a professional manner.
- Assists with scheduling meetings and other office related events.
- Manages mail and fax; prepares outgoing mail and packages as necessary.
- Monitors and maintains office equipment.
- Monitors office supplies and orders and restocks as needed.
- Ensures the office is always kept clean and organized.
- Maintains postage machine.
- Coordinates with the legal team in handling subpoenas and requests from law firms.
- Communicates with building management relating to issues in the suite.
- Other duties as assigned.