CarePoint Neurosurgery is a growing neurosurgical practice with primary locations at Swedish, Rose, and Sky Ridge. The practice currently consists of three surgeons and a team of physician assistants. As this practice is going through exciting growth, we are looking for team members to join us that are going to flexible in their duties to help ensure needs of practice are always met. We are looking for people who are comfortable with and excited by change, process improvements, and growth. Our team of staff is cross-trained on duties throughout the practice to ensure patient continuity and flexibility for the practice to add on clinic days as needed.
The Scheduler/Referral Coordinator is an essential part of a multidisciplinary team that provides patients high quality patient care. The Scheduler/Referral Coordinator will process all inbound referrals from community referring providers and primary care providers. Scheduler/Referral Coordinator will coordinate and assure the smooth flow of the referral and authorization process to meet the needs of our patients, establish collaborative relationships with community specialists and insurance companies, and represent the organization professional and positively. This position will be responsible for inbound referrals and scheduling appointments for the surgeons. The candidate needs to be at ease interfacing with patients and establishing relationships with referral sources and promoting the Practice. Willingness to cross-train to help medical assistants and front desk staff required.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Experience: Minimum 1-2 years of referral experience. Minimum 1-2 years of Medical Office experience. Work experience in a surgical practice preferred.
• Top tier customer service
• Ability to build strong rapport with patients
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with patients, providers and payers
• The ability to multitask
• Strong commitment to actively supporting an ethical open working environment
• Working knowledge of Word and Excel
• Ability to excel in a team-based environment
• Critical thinking skills
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for patient and insurance verification using automated eligibility verification systems
• Communicate with appropriate parties to obtain medical referrals/authorizations and ensure patient and insurance financial obligations are validated and met prior to patient"s visit
• Collaborate with Front Desk in obtaining new patient demographic information and necessary insurance related information to validate patient"s eligibility
• Develop relationships with other Dr. Offices, maintain and foster network of contacts for promoting practice services
• Use Electronic Medical Records for scheduling/maintaining patient records and appointments
• Ability to do medical assistant and/or front desk responsibilities when needed (training would be provided) Other duties may be assigned if determined in the best interest of the Practice
Compliance, HIPAA and Security: Employees acknowledge that compliance with CarePoint"s HIPAA, Security and Compliance Plan policies and procedures as well as all other CarePoint policies and procedures is a condition of employment and that any violation will result in sanctions up to and including termination based on the type and severity of the violation. Access to and use of Protected Health Information – security clearance which allows employees to review, investigate, and respond to questions from payors.
Job Type: Full-time
Upload Resume Here
• Healthcare: 2 years (Preferred)