Blue Sky Neurology – Lafayette, CO
ABOUT BLUE SKY NEUROLOGY:
Blue Sky Neurology (BSN) is an innovative neurology practice that provides the full spectrum of neurologic services for patients and those involved in their care. BSN has physicians involved in all phases of neurologic illness: acute neurologic emergencies; neurologic support for hospitalized patients; and outpatient care for those with new or ongoing neurological conditions. BSN was founded in 2005 by established clinicians known throughout Denver and the Colorado region. Since then, the practice has thrived and expanded. BSN currently has 5 outpatient practice locations and is continuing to grow in 2015! BSN provides acute stroke care; neuro-critical care; neurologic support and outreach throughout Colorado and the surrounding states with telemedicine technology to hospitals and emergency rooms. There is also active participation in national clinical research studies on the latest neurological treatments. In order to bridge hospital care to outpatient care, BSN has dedicated outpatient neurologists who all have advanced fellowship training and expertise. BSN has office staff, administration, and management to encompass the full spectrum of patient needs and customer service. We are dedicated to providing excellent and compassionate patient care.The philosophy by which we practice blends a caring approach with forward thinking, up-to-date knowledge of neurologic disorders and treatments.
WE ARE HIRING FOR THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS:
300 Exempla Circle, Suite 230 Lafayette, CO 80026
QUALIFICATIONS: In order to perform this job successfully, individuals must be able to meet and perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
EDUCATION: Registered or certified medical assistant preferred. New grads considered.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 1 year experience in a clinic setting preferred. New grads considered.
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with patients, providers and payors
• The ability to multitask
• Strong commitment to actively supporting an ethical open working environment
• Working knowledge of Word and Excel
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Able to relate well with patients and co-workers
• Document all care in electronic medical record (eCW)
• Adhere to CarePoint's Compliance Program and all other CarePoint and BSN policies
• Maintain patient flow through clinic
• Obtain outside medical records as needed
• Perform vital signs, family and health histories
• Triage patient calls
• Complete prior authorizations
• Respond appropriately to medical emergencies
• Perform other duties as assigned
COMPLIANCE, HIPAA AND SECURITY:
Employees acknowledge that compliance with CarePoint"s HIPAA, Security and Compliance Plan policies and procedures as well as all other CarePoint policies and procedures is a condition of employment and that any violation will result in sanctions up to and including termination based on the type and severity of the violation. Access to and use of Protected Health Information – security clearance which allows employees to review, investigate, and respond to questions from payors. Security access permitted using the Practice"s entrances for this job category is during core hours of building management, 5 days a week.
Job Type: Full-time
Required license or certification:
• Medical Assistant