- Fulltime Healthcare Billing Coordinator
Position Summary: The Healthcare Billing Coordinator oversees all functions of CarePoint Neurosurgery’s billing and revenue cycle to maximize cash flow while maintaining and improving internal and external customer relations. This position will work directly with our outsourced revenue cycle firm and contribute to the day-to-day operations on all issues related to the revenue cycle function, providing analysis, and scrubbing outstanding claims.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Higher education preferred in finance, business administration, healthcare administration, or related field required.
- Medical billing experience or related revenue cycle management experience preferred.
- Coding and documentation experience preferred.
- Knowledge of professional fee billing, reimbursement, and third-party payer behavior.
- Strong data analysis and computer skills with proficiency in MS Office and Google Suite.
- Demonstrated proficiency with billing and financial systems.
- Detailed oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Sound knowledge of health insurance providers.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong management skills with the ability to lead cohesive and productive teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Oversees billing account management such as communications with insurance providers, collections, cash posting, and billing to ensure the successful management of receivables and effective and efficient function of the revenue cycle.
- Ensures that accurate information is entered into the billing system.
- Implements revenue cycle management strategies to maximize collections.
- Analyzes data and creates reports for management to analyze trends and makes recommendations.
- Identifies lost revenue by scrubbing unpaid surgical claims.
- Scrubs outstanding claims and communicates back with our billing company.
- Monitors charges, gross and net collections ratios, accounts receivables and cash per patient.
- Monitors volume of charge and collection posting monthly to confirm that the billing company is keeping up with patient encounter volumes.
- Ensures the timeliness of processing and correction of rejected claims.
- Establishes and maintains a regular process for follow up on patient accounts which are pending approval for third party coverage.
- Maintains current knowledge of all applicable laws and regulations, ensuring operations maintain necessary compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.