Return To Jobs
Apply For Job
Join Our Mission:
CarePoint Health is an innovative, rapidly growing healthcare team dedicated to the success of our patients and our employees. Our mission is to deliver the best possible care to patients in an environment that ignites passion, value, and fulfillment. CarePoint Health is seeking exceptional employees to be part of that patient-centered mission.
In keeping with our mission, CarePoint Health is committed to the wellbeing of our valued employees, offering a wide range of benefits, generous paid time off, competitive pay, diverse culture, and positive work environment. We are committed to your growth and offer outstanding advancement opportunities for uniquely talented and motivated employees. The time to meet your full potential is NOW and CarePoint is here to provide you with the tools to reach it.
So, are you ready to join the mission?
The Medical Assistant will support the CarePoint Neurosurgery division. The position is responsible for scheduling appointments, pre-appointment testing, rooming patients, obtaining vital signs and any necessary records prior to the patient appointment.
- MA Degree/Certification preferred; High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum of 1 year of Medical Assisting experience in a busy physician office
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with patients, providers and payors
- The ability to multitask
- Strong commitment to actively supporting an ethical open working environment
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel
CarePoint Health is committed to the wellbeing of our valued employees, offering a wide range of voluntary benefits such as:
- Taking medical histories and recording vital signs, preparing patients for examination
- Arrange examining-room instruments and equipment
- Keep waiting and examine rooms neat and clean
- Follow up with patients before and after surgery
- Coordinates patient appointment, orders, and records
- Assist surgery scheduler with duties as needed
- Scans patient information, enters patient data into computer
- Sends letters to PCP, as needed i.e.: no-shows, record requests etc.
- Triage calls regarding medications, lab and rad results
- Answers front desk incoming calls when needed
- Pages physicians concerning hospital consults and files information in database as needed
- Attach relevant lab/rad results in ECW to specific doctors through fax inbox as needed
- Obtains PreOp clearance and fax to facilities prior to surgery
- Makes photocopies as needed
- Sends faxes as needed
- Assists physicians as needed
- Assist with Front Desk Duties as needed
- Maintain accurate medical supply inventory
- Submit medical supply and office supply orders
- Other duties as assigned
$18 - $23.25 per hour
About CarePoint Health:
Established in 1995, CarePoint Health is a multispecialty physician group headquartered in Denver, CO. We are physician owned, physician run and employ hundreds of providers in a variety of specialties. Our world class physicians offer exceptional, quality patient care in a variety of settings: Emergency Medicine, Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Hospital Medicine, Infectious Disease, Neurosurgery, Neurology, Wound Care and Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, and multiple Telehealth service lines.
Our strength is in our team. CarePoint physicians and advanced practice providers are nothing short of exceptional. We employ only the best staff to support our teams in the clinical setting. Our singular focus is to deliver the best possible care to patients in an environment that is collaborative, collegial, and fulfilling. More than colleagues, we are a family that works together, plays together, and truly values one another.
As a company, we strive to have the skill and agility to be successful in an ever-changing healthcare environment. Towards that end, we embrace changes that will make us better. We commit to be brave and proactive. We will not settle for good enough. Rather, we endeavor to be the best by empowering our providers and staff to think creatively and act boldly.
About CarePoint Neurosurgery, a division of CarePoint Health:
With nine locations in Lone Tree, Englewood, Castle Rock, Denver, Colorado Springs, Parker, Yuma, Lakewood and Lamar, Colorado, CarePoint Neurosurgery and Spine is a leading provider of specialized brain and spine treatments in Colorado.
The team of experienced surgeons provides patient-focused care, involving each patient and their family in decision-making. Their compassionate and relatable approach to patient care and education helps patients feel empowered and confident about their medical care.
CarePoint Neurosurgery and Spine focuses on motion preservation and helping patients get back to their regular activities. Using minimally invasive procedures and advanced robotic technology, including xvision™, Artemis™, Globus Medical, prodisc®, and activL®, the team provides spine surgery and brain surgery.
CarePoint Neurosurgery and Spine is committed to delivering the best possible care. Patients with back pain, spinal disorders, and neurological issues have access to state-of-the-art care. In addition to accepting most insurance plans, the staff engages with insurance providers to ensure the physicians can do what’s best for each patient.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Assistance Program