Return To Jobs
Apply For Job
Full-Time Inpatient Neurology APP - Kansas City, MO
Join Our Mission:
CarePoint Health is an innovative, rapidly growing healthcare team dedicated to the success of our patients and our employees. Our mission is to deliver the best possible care to patients in an environment that ignites passion, value, and fulfillment. CarePoint Health is seeking exceptional employees to be part of that patient-centered mission.
In keeping with our mission, CarePoint Health is committed to the wellbeing of our valued employees, offering a wide range of benefits, generous paid time off, competitive pay, diverse culture, and positive work environment. We are committed to your growth and offer outstanding advancement opportunities for uniquely talented and motivated employees. The time to meet your full potential is NOW and CarePoint is here to provide you with the tools to reach it.
So, are you ready to join the mission?
The role of the Inpatient Neurology Advanced Practice Provider is to provide exceptional clinical care of patients in the hospital setting working alongside and collaborating with Neuro Hospitalists. This position will function at Research Medical Center in Kansas City, Missouri. Currently no on-call duties.
- Master’s degree
- Graduation from an accredited Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant program
- Current NP or PA license in good stand with the state
- Prescriptive authority and DEA number or ability to obtain if applicable
- Current BLS
- APP experience preferred; Neurology experience a plus but not required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced environment
- Team player
- Possess a passion for outstanding patient safety and satisfaction
- Professional experience and conduct
- Ability to collaborate with multiple team members
- Flexibility and adaptability to support the needs of the group as the practice needs change
- Willingness to perform outpatient follow up visits as needed
- Willingness to become familiar with and participate in Telemedicine.
Kansas City, MO
Monday - Friday, 7am-3pm or 8am-4pm
$90,000 - $130,000 annually
About CarePoint Health:
Established in 1995, CarePoint Health is a multispecialty physician group headquartered in Denver, CO. We are physician owned, physician run and employ hundreds of providers in a variety of specialties. Our world class physicians offer exceptional, quality patient care in a variety of settings: Emergency Medicine, Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Hospital Medicine, Infectious Disease, Neurosurgery, Neurology, Wound Care and Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, and multiple Telehealth service lines.
Our strength is in our team. CarePoint physicians and advanced practice providers are nothing short of exceptional. We employ only the best staff to support our teams in the clinical setting. Our singular focus is to deliver the best possible care to patients in an environment that is collaborative, collegial, and fulfilling. More than colleagues, we are a family that works together, plays together, and truly values one another.
As a company, we strive to have the skill and agility to be successful in an ever-changing healthcare environment. Towards that end, we embrace changes that will make us better. We commit to be brave and proactive. We will not settle for good enough. Rather, we endeavor to be the best by empowering our providers and staff to think creatively and act boldly.
About BlueSky Neurology, a division of CarePoint Health:
Blue Sky Neurology (BSN) is an innovative neurology practice that provides the full spectrum of neurologic services for patients and those involved in their care. BSN has physicians involved in all phases of neurologic illness: acute neurologic emergencies; neurologic support for hospitalized patients; and outpatient care for those with new or ongoing neurological conditions. BSN was founded in 2005 by established clinicians known throughout Denver and the Colorado region. Since then, the practice has thrived and expanded.
BSN provides acute stroke care; neuro-critical care; neurologic support and outreach throughout Colorado and the surrounding states with telemedicine technology to hospitals and emergency rooms. There is also active participation in national clinical research studies on the latest neurological treatments. In order to bridge hospital care to outpatient care, BSN has dedicated outpatient neurologists who all have advanced fellowship training and expertise. BSN has office staff, administration, and management to encompass the full spectrum of patient needs and customer service. We are dedicated to providing excellent and compassionate patient care.
The philosophy by which we practice blends a caring approach with forward thinking, up-to-date knowledge of neurologic disorders and treatments.
- Providers will drop charges.
- Work at 1 facility: Research Medical Center
- Expected to independently; see and bill 10-14 patients per day with physician support and oversight
- Coordinates and reviews patient census with Neuro Hospitalist and develop plan to address each patient
- Participates in unit rounds as needed
- Obtains and reviews patient histories, performs comprehensive and focused exams and records findings in the electronic medical record
- Determines medical status and diagnosis and develops clinical treatment plan alongside Neuro Hospitalist
- Communicates treatment plan to hospital personnel as well as instructs and counsels patients and families on clinical treatment and care plan to ensure best possible outcomes
- Orders and interprets diagnostic testing (i.e. labs, EEGS, etc.)
- Exercises initiative and judgment in selecting proper treatment
- Responds to emergency situations in an appropriate manner
- Completes documentation and responds to questions from patients and hospital staff in a timely manner
- Attends meetings as requested
- Other duties as assigned