Return To Jobs
Apply For Job
Emergency Medicine Administrative Fellowship
Join Our Mission:
CarePoint Health is an innovative, rapidly growing healthcare team dedicated to the success of our patients and our employees. Our mission is to deliver the best possible care to patients in an environment that ignites passion, value, and fulfillment. CarePoint Health is seeking exceptional employees to be part of that patient-centered mission.
In keeping with our mission, CarePoint Health is committed to the wellbeing of our valued employees, offering a wide range of benefits, generous paid time off, competitive pay, diverse culture, and positive work environment. We are committed to your growth and offer outstanding advancement opportunities for uniquely talented and motivated employees. The time to meet your full potential is NOW and CarePoint is here to provide you with the tools to reach it.
So, are you ready to join the mission?
CarePoint Health is recruiting qualified applicants for an Emergency Medicine Administrative Fellowship.
The Fellowship will begin in 2023. We are looking for Emergency Medicine Residency graduates with an interest in Emergency Department Operations and Administration as well as Healthcare Leadership. At the conclusion of the program, the successful Fellow should be well-prepared for leadership roles within a healthcare organization
About CarePoint Health:
CarePoint Health is a physician owned, multi-specialty group based in Denver, Colorado. We employ over 500 physicians and over 100 APPs. We have practices in Colorado, Utah, Kansas, Idaho, and Wyoming in addition to a national Telemedicine Neurology Practice. Starting as an Emergency Medicine practice in the Denver area over 25 years ago, we have expanded our regional presence as well as adding practices in Neurology, Neurosurgery, Hospital Medicine, Wound Care/Hyperbarics, and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
CarePoint staffs 40 Emergency Departments with over 1,000,000 patient encounters annually. We have two Level 1 Trauma Centers, multiple Level 2 Trauma Centers, Comprehensive Stroke Centers, Burn Centers and Freestanding Emergency Departments.
The Fellow will have extensive exposure, education, and hands-on experience with:
The Fellow will work clinically in one or more of our Emergency Departments an average of 80 hours per month. Fellows may work additional moonlighting shifts.
- Emergency Department operations and management
- Financial modeling, analysis
- Healthcare analytics
- Quality metrics
- Patient experience
- Contracting and negotiations with health care systems and insurers
- Legislative advocacy
- Involvement with company activities in Utah and Kansas
- Company Based Experience
- Meet regularly with the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Medical Officer, and Medical Directors
- Work closely with CarePoint Senior Leadership Team on contracting, revenue cycle, management, recruitment, and maintaining excellent health system relationships
- Partner with Vice President of Business Development to evaluate and implement new business lines
- Each Fellow will be assigned to work at one or more of our hospital-based Emergency Departments. The Fellow will work closely with the site Medical Directors on Emergency Department operations. This will include:
- In depth exposure to relationship building with hospital administration
- Participation on hospital level clinical and operational committees
- Identify and complete a specific Emergency Department based project such as ED throughput, triage process, patient experience, etc.
Prerequisites for Fellowship applicants:
- Executive Masters in Business Administration in Health Administration through the University of Colorado
- A top-ranked program focused on health care
- Graduate of an ACGME-accredited US Emergency Medicine Residency
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Emergency Medicine
More on CarePoint Health:
Established in 1995, CarePoint Health is a multispecialty physician group headquartered in Denver, CO. We are physician owned, physician run and employ hundreds of providers in a variety of specialties. Our world class physicians offer exceptional, quality patient care in a variety of settings: Emergency Medicine, Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Hospital Medicine, Infectious Disease, Neurosurgery, Neurology, Wound Care and Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, and multiple Telehealth service lines.
Our strength is in our team. CarePoint physicians and advanced practice providers are nothing short of exceptional. We employ only the best staff to support our teams in the clinical setting. Our singular focus is to deliver the best possible care to patients in an environment that is collaborative, collegial, and fulfilling. More than colleagues, we are a family that works together, plays together, and truly values one another.
As a company, we strive to have the skill and agility to be successful in an ever-changing healthcare environment. Towards that end, we embrace changes that will make us better. We commit to be brave and proactive. We will not settle for good enough. Rather, we endeavor to be the best by empowering our providers and staff to think creatively and act boldly.
- Salary $105,000 annually
- The Fellowship will include 3 weeks of paid vacation per year
- In addition, CarePoint will pay for:
- Health and dental insurance
- Medical malpractice insurance including tail coverage
- Colorado medical license (if not already in possession)
- DEA license
- Medical Staff Dues
- MBA tuition reimbursement available to candidates in 2 year fellowship